Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trip to Florida...Fun in the Sun!

We've been busy!  On April 1st we arrived in Florida for our first orientation/training week with a mission agency called Pioneers.  We flew on a smaller airline that only flies on Mondays and Fridays in the spring months, so we had a day before the training started to visit with our friend Angela.  She took us to the beach and we had a great time...we pretty much spent every spare minute talking our heads off!  lol


I really did not expect Miguel to actually get in the water since it was a bit of a chilly day, but he did!  He and Angela's kids had a blast braving the waves, digging in the sand and having mud fights.  I was the victim of this particular mudball! 


After the orientation, Miguel headed south for Venezuela and I spent the weekend with Angela again before flying back to Arkansas.  Of course we had to go back to the beach again...this time I was the one who hung out with Angela's kids in the waves...it was great! 


Another highlight of this trip was getting to hang out for an evening with some of my MK friends I grew up with in Colombia.


There were other highlights, too, like the visiting owl, margaritas at Mi México, the slightly dismembered lizard the cat drug in, Spanish moss, wild turkeys and sandhill cranes, lunch with a rooster and so much more...I am treasuring these memories...

No comments: