Saturday, October 25, 2008

Peppers

I decided I needed to find some better pictures of the peppers so you can see just how similar they are...


Ají dulce




The habanero peppers that I bought.
Today I made a pico de gallo with chopped tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar & water...I added 1/2 of one of the habaneros and it was pretty spicy! Very, very good on the carne asada (grilled beef) that we had for lunch. I also made some guacamole, but left out the habaneros so that Micah could enjoy. :)




4 comments:

Ellie said...

We believed you the first time! :-)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

I know, I know...but I wasn't happy with the pictures!!!! :) And Miguel still swears that he can tell the dif...hmmm...

a56piano said...

I'm teaching english classes, and we got quite a laugh out of "soap" - they were definitely wanting to 'eat' it.. of course we had been learning lots of food words, but were concentrating on the two-vowel-rule... Anyway, the mistake over "sopa" and "soup" and "soap" goes both ways!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Yeah, we had one of the missionary ladies one time trying to persuade her maid to put "sopa" in the washing machine! :o Sometimes things really do work to sound it out similarly...but sometimes it doesn't!