Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

This has been a wonderful Mother's Day...I have lazed around all day and have done absolutely nothing productive.  Miguel has pampered me from start to finish on this day and is even getting the kids in bed for me so that I can hang out with my computer...I'm sure I'll have to kick butt tomorrow to make up for all this inaction today. 

My Mother's Day flowers

I also was the proud recipient of a jar of olives, a pack of gum, breakfast and OJ in bed, a cookie from the baby shower they had next door yesterday (that Gracia ate for me), 100 kisses from Jkaile (he's really into kissing these days!), a toy compass from Chikfila, and an old red pen.  I am truly blessed! 

I thought a lot about my own Mom today...mostly because she is traveling these days.  She just spent 3 weeks on a consultant trip to Colombia and is now in Ecuador visiting my two sisters who work there.  I confess to being a wee bit jealous...who wouldn't want to enjoy the beautiful scenery plus spending time with family?!  I got to skype a little with her tonight...incredible what technology can do these days!



One of my all-time favorite pictures of my Mom is this one, that I think really represents her well.  That beautiful smile and a heart that has loved these precious people for several decades now...she had just given a life-saving injection to this little baby, a first in this tribe.  I have to say that I admire her dedication and commitment to God, because all she ever aspired to be was a wife and mother and yet she has become so much more than that! 
 

I'm kind of far away from my other mother as well, my mother-in-law Delia...but thanks to good telephone service, we were able to hear her voice, at least for a little while.  I am very thankful for her life and her dedication to serving God...especially how she brought Miguel up to be the godly man that he is!

Miguel's parents, Angel and Delia


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I see JD's face in Delia! :-)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Definitely they carry a family resemblence! :)