Friday, March 28, 2008

taking a break

I worked for a while and am now taking a break to think, pray, read some Scripture, and rest my back. It's been rather humbling to even HAVE a back problem, I am used to just doing what I want to do and now I have to limit myself! :( I hate that...but oh well. ¡Así es la vida!

Something that's been on my mind constantly in the last few weeks has been what our future ministry will be. For various reasons I won't go into here, we haven't been able to move forward very quickly...and Miguel is not yet sure of God's leading. Well, yes, there HAS been progress, just not at the pace that I would like to see! LOL I guess I'm impatient. I definitely do NOT do well in "limbo-land". Anyway, Miguel likes to discuss and consider and research all kinds of different options, even "wild" ideas and for some reason that is very scary to me! I think some of it has to do with a fear that he'll decide he wants to do something that I don't want to do and then maybe he'll talk me into it!!!!

Every time I start to get a bit freaked out and pray about it, though, a tremendous sense of peace comes over me as I feel God speaking to me..."Peace, rest, trust and I will give you the desires of your heart". Today I looked up "plans" on Biblegateway (an awesome website, btw) and one of the many verses that came up was:

20 Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.

21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:20-22 (NIV)
I am so thankful for God's Word and how He speaks to us through Scripture! I know in my head that the Lord leads us, but sometimes it's hard to know that in my heart...it's very reassuring to know that whatever Miguel and I plan, it will ultimately be the Lord's purpose that prevails in our lives as we follow His leading. I can't wait to find out what it will be!

No comments: