Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beth Moore video

I found a video (well, a 'picture-video') from the Living Proof Live event in El Paso. I'd love to just put it here, but I'm not sure how to do that, so I'll post a LINK. Some of our ladies are in there, too!

Travis Cottrell sang the song playing in that video at the conference...I realized I'd forgotten to say anything about the worship team. I wasn't sure what to expect because I haven't really heard much from Travis' worship team. I am not a huge fan of a lot of the new styles of worship that include funky, jazzy music and/or lots of jumping up and down, yelling, etc. I have nothing against expressing oneself through worship as long as it doesn't distract others or detract from The One we are worshipping. Typically, our organization is on the conservative side of this issue. I am excited to note that I am becoming much more free to say, raise my hand in worship, and yet I want it to come from the heart, not because I got carried away in the emotions of the moment or because everyone else around me is doing it...does that make sense?

But I have to say that I was very pleased with Travis' worship team! I thought that they did a really fabulous job of directing worship to our Lord instead of attention towards themselves. The music was a nice mix of newer and older songs, hymns even. And In Christ Alone is my life's theme song right now, and we sang it both days! I like how they stick that On Christ the Solid Rock bridge in there, too. Yes, the music was loud (as in reverberating-in-the-chest loud), but I think that was due more to the fact that we were in the very front (not complaining about that! haha!)...it was really neat to see how the worship moved me towards God. During one of the songs I had a very strong desire to stand, but since nobody around me was, I felt a little hesitant. I finally peeked behind us and there were quite a few ladies standing in the rows behind us, so up I popped, too! :) I guess I'm getting more into that Latin style of standing for worship than I thought! LOL! And yes, I raised my hands...ahem, danced a little (w/o moving my feet too much-we were kinda squished in there...wouldn't want to poke anyone in the um, side...), and just sang my heart out.

No comments: