Thursday, March 4, 2010

Words of Encouragement

Picture taken in the Mexican Sierra Madre by Katie Moore

It's good how God brings different words of encouragement my way when I need it...I was
reminded of II Peter 1:3-10 after asking God to bless me with a fresh view of His promises the other day...

3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed of his past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

What stands out to me in these verses...
  1. I have everything I already need for life and godliness
  2. God has given me very great and precious promises so that I can participate in the divine nature!
  3. God has laid out a clear plan to avoid being ineffective and unproductive in my knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ
  4. Forgetting that I have been cleansed of past sins is a bad thing
  5. I do so look forward to a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Check out these posts over at My Place of Peace and Unveiling Radiance for some good reads today!

No comments: