I wrote this for a Facebook game last night and thought it might make an interesting post over here...sorry if it's a repeat for some of you!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are suppose to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, goals about you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page-paste these instructions in the body of the note, type 25 things, tag 25 people (including the one who tagged you) & click "publish."
1. I am an MK...that explains a lot right there.
2. I like to paint with acrylics...just finished another picture a few minutes ago, in fact! I also like to paint rocks.
3. My family is originally from Oklahoma (both Dad and Mom), I was born in Pennsylvania, grew up in Colombia, have lived in both Venezuela and Mexico, we are now living in Mexico, residents of Arkansas, but have a Texas mailing address. Are we confused or what?
4. I am energized by being with people...if I'm isolating, something is probably wrong.
5. If I'm quiet, something is probably wrong.
6. I love to laugh. If I'm not laughing, something is probably wrong.
7. I have four kids...they are driving me to my knees...in prayer! They are really great kids and we are SO blessed, but this parenting thing isn't for wimps!
8. I knew I was going to marry Miguel the first time I saw him (incidentally, didn't even know his name at the time!).
9. Miguel and I were were married in a civil ceremony in Caracas, Venezuela the day we were reunited after not having seen each other for a year and a half.
10. Church wedding followed 2 weeks later in Bogota, Colombia...
11. All four of my children were born in Arkansas.
12. I once spent the night lost in the jungle with my dad...
13. I have eaten...monkey, tapir, lapa, chiguiro, alligator, macaw (don't recommend it-not that good), turtle, pirana, grub worms (they are better fried than raw-then they don't wiggle in your mouth), squirrel (sorry, Tasha), sea turtle eggs (they are kind of rubbery)...so far I've avoided eating most insects, roasted tarantula, caterpillars, and snakes.
14. Would love to visit Australia some day.
15. I play the guitar. Had who knows how many years of piano growing up, but didn't really catch on too well...Mrs. Dye always said I pounded the keys...besides, I HATED the recitals!
16. My identity is in Christ. And now I am free.
17. My Mom got bitten by a pirana once.
18. I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. Graduated from the University of Arkansas...Go Hogs!
19. I was a tomboy.
20. I have a very feminine daughter.
21. I'm most likely severely addicted to coffee...oh, well.
22. I am most comfortable in jeans, t-shirt, and flip-flops.
23. I had already forgotten what a 1 1/2 year old can be like!
24. When I'm down, I most often turn to the Psalms for comfort.
25. I really, really love my husband.