Monday, January 12, 2009

Waiting for the Bread to Bake

I'm up rather late waiting for the bread to bake and am keeping myself busy by reading blogs and thinking about possible posts. I normally would not be baking so late except that I will be going to a social in the morning and I wanted to take something homemade. A cinnamon roll ring is just the thing...I should have started it earlier, but needed a nap and then we had a dorm meeting this evening that went longer than expected (but SO much fun!). It meant my bread didn't go into the oven until 9:30 p.m. by which time I am usually heading towards horizontal. Since my posting has been rather sparse lately, though, I thought I'd write a little something...ah, I know, a recent conversation with Jojo about heaven.


Jojo: Mommy, did you know there are diamondth in heaven?!

Mom: Yes, there are!

Jojo: And the threetth are pafed wif gold! (giggle, giggle)

Mom: Yes, but do you know what the biggest treasure in heaven is?

Jojo: Diamondth! (hee, hee)

Mom: Well, yes, but Jesus will be in heaven and He is our greatest treasure!

A few moments of silence...

Jojo: Oh (giggle, giggle), I can't wait to die!

Well, Jojo, selfishly I hope it's later than sooner! :)

Don't think I'm ready for you to walk those streets of gold just yet...


2 comments:

Shilo said...

Toooooooooooo cute!

Terri :o) said...

Oh, I hope he doesn't either! :o)

Aren't those conversations priceless treasure in and of themselves!