Monday, December 1, 2008

Play with your food

I was talking to my mom last night on the phone and she recommended that I try out a new fruit? vegetable? called 'chayote'...I'm not really sure what it is (looks like a pear, tastes like raw green beans?), but it's supposed to have some good, nutritious qualities to it. I found a couple at the store, but when I got them home and looked a little more closely at them, I just couldn't resist playing with one of them a bit...now how am I supposed to eat it when it's so cute??!!








Btw, if you need a good laugh, look up the words "play with your food" or "food play" on the web and see what you find... :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually eat these a lot! We call them "grandma mouths" - I use them in stew and soup primarily. Just make sure you cut the skin off first before you cook with it - the skin is tough - not very tasty! Enjoy it!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

"grandma mouths"! Funny...that's what Micah said, too! Stew and soup, eh? I'll have to try that...for some reason, I was thinking that they were sort of hollow inside, but they are actually pretty dense and heavy. Thanks for the tip about peeling...