Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowstorm

Thanks to a link over at Simple Mom, I have been introduced to a new winter craft called a snowstorm! The instructions call for using round labels and dental floss, but I cut out circles and glued them together over fishing line. I also used two different sizes of circles to stagger it a bit. It was a lot of work, I think it took me about an hour? to make these. I am thinking I might make them to go over my kitchen window! It doesn't have a curtain and it's not like I'd have to take them down after Christmas...now the wheels are turning about how to vary this idea for different seasons and/or occasions!




The flash didn't go off when I took this picture,
but it turned out kind of cool!

I think I got them a little too long...




3 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

BTW, Simple Mom also has a couple of other links on that post with some really cute crafts...the snowstorm caught my attention, though, it's really pretty!

Ellie said...

hearts for valentines,
pumpkins for thanksgiving,
stars for birthdays,
or just make one with everything on it and leave it up all year round!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

You get the picture...but I'd hate to cut all those little things out by hand...hmmm...I wonder if just different colored circles would do...